AB104 Grade Changes

Grade Changes
Process for High School Students to Change Grades to Pass/No Pass


AB 104 also provides a process for high school students to request that a letter grade they received in the 2020-2021 school year be changed to a Pass/No Pass grade. 

How to Request a Grade Change

There are two ways to request a grade change. The deadline for both methods was August 15, 2021. Any requests received after August 15, 2021 will no longer be considered.

Grade Changes FAQs

Who can request a grade change?

Families of high school students can request a Pass/No Pass grade change for specific classes or all classes in the 2020-2021 school year.

What postsecondary educational institutions will accept a Pass/No Pass grade instead of a letter grade?

The following postsecondary educational institutions will accept, for admission purposes, a transcript with a Pass or No Pass grade instead of a letter grade.

California State University Schools
  • California State University, Bakersfield
  • California State University Channel Islands
  • California State University, Chico
  • California State University, Dominguez Hills
  • California State University, East Bay
  • California State University, Fresno
  • California State University, Fullerton
  • Humboldt State University
  • California State University, Long Beach
  • California State University, Los Angeles
  • California State University Maritime Academy
  • California State University, Monterey Bay
  • California State University, Northridge
  • California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
  • California State University, Sacramento
  • California State University, San Bernardino
  • San Diego State University
  • San Francisco State University
  • San José State University
  • California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo
  • California State University San Marcos
  • Sonoma State University
  • California State University, Stanislaus
University of California (UC) Schools
  • UC Berkeley
  • UC Davis
  • UC Irvine
  • UC Los Angeles
  • UC Merced
  • UC Riverside
  • UC San Diego
  • UC San Francisco
  • UC Santa Barbara
  • UC Santa Cruz
Private Universities
  • Saint Mary’s College of California
  • Holy Names University
  • Pitzer College
  • University of La Verne
  • Westmont College
  • Santa Clara University
  • University of Saint Katherine
  • University of Southern California
  • ArtCenter College of Design
  • California Baptist University
  • University of San Francisco
  • La Sierra University
  • Mount Saint Mary’s University
Source: https://www.cde.ca.gov/ci/gs/ps/ab104surveyresults.asp

What is the deadline to submit a grade change request?

A grade change request must be received by August 15, 2021. Any requests received after August 15, 2021 will no longer be considered.

When will submitted grade changes be made?

The district  will change the student’s transcript and notify families of the grade change within 15 days of receiving the change request.